The Professional Engineers Benevolent Fund was established under the Ontario Professional Engineers Foundation for Education in 1986 as a result of a bequest earmarked to provide a fund for professional engineers experiencing financial hardship. The Benevolent Fund provides temporary financial assistance to applicants and their families in extenuating circumstances.
Professional engineers who have been licensed by Professional Engineers Ontario for at least one year are eligible to apply to the Benevolent Fund.
Assistance is available through the Benevolent Fund for the following:
- rehabilitation following mental or physical disability
- retraining (for example, following redundancy or obsolescence)
- compassionate circumstances requiring immediate and urgent assistance
- unemployment during an unusually prolonged job search
- enterprising individuals suffering financial hardship arising from unfortunate business or economic circumstances
The Benevolent Fund does not provide an ongoing income supplement.
Want to learn more about the Benevolent Fund? Click here to contact us.
Prefer to Apply Offline?
Complete the Benevolent Fund application form. The form must be completed and submitted to the address below with a covering letter outlining why the funds are needed. The applications are reviewed, in confidence, by an advisory board of professional engineers, to evaluate each applicant's specific needs and circumstances.
Ontario Professional Engineers Benevolent Fund
c/o Ontario Professional Engineers Foundation for Education
40 Sheppard Ave W, Suite 101
Toronto, Ontario M2N 6K9
Stay Up To Date
Interested in learning more about The Foundation? Want to share your story with other engineers?
Prefer email? Click here to subscribe.